This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

TROJ_CONHOOK.AA

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I previously posted this in another forum, and was directed to post it here. I am currently using Trend Micro PC-Cillin 2007 Internet Security. It warns me that I have a TROJ_CONHOOK.AA trojan in a particular Windows operating file (joyNic.dll). The Trend Micro program is unable to clean, quarantine, or remove this trojan. When I search for the file, using Windows tools, I can locate it, but when I attempt to delete it, I receive a message indicating it cannot be removed, since it is involved with another program. A few questions: 1) Does anyone have familiarity with this trojan, and if so, is it a true threat? 2) Trend Micro did provide me with a link to their "System Cleaner," but the steps were a bit too overwhelming for me, since I am not exactly computer savvy, and fear that I will totally crash my system. Is there a relatively simple way to resolve this problem? Thanks
Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

you can get a complete installer that installs HijackThis to C:\Program Files\HijackThis, making an entry in the start menu and also providing a desktop shortcut from http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/HJTsetup.exe.

Click on the link and select Save, save it to your desktop and double click HJTsetup.exe.

Open HijackThis and select: Do a system scan and save a log file.

When the scan is finished, Click Edit> Select All> Edit> Copy> and paste its contents here please use the [Add Reply] button below.

Please use the [external image: Posted Image] Button below to reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI