This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

troj_generic.dit and .dim

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

:pullhair: hi - I"ve had a morning like no other, like everyone else here I'm sure. My Micro Trend Anti Virus and Anti Spywayre tells me I have 60 copies of this trojan called Trog_generic.dit, and at times it calls it troj_generic.dim too. I did have 2 files called progress.xip that Trend Micro suggested that if I don't need it, delete it. so I did last night, and now this morning I have 60 copies of this trojan. Trend Mico says it is a low threat - but I want it gone. anyone have any ideas as to how to find it and destroy it? I have Xp sp2 and I also have verizon fios if this means anything to you. I don't think I have any problems with it, that I know of. who knows what it has already done that I cannot see. Any help would be appreciated. thanks! Dar