Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

TROJ_CONHOOK.AA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigalt

bigalt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:14 PM

I am currently using Trend Micro PC-Cillin 2007 Internet Security. For some time now, it warns me that I have a Troj_CONHOOK.AA trojan in a particular Windows XP operating file (joyNic.dll). The Trend Micro program is unable to clean, quarantine, or remove this trojan. When I search for the file, using Windows tools, I can locate it, but when I attempt to delete it, I receive a message indicating it cannot be removed. A few questions: 1) Does anyone have faniliarity with this particular trojan, and if so, is it a true threat? 2) Trend Micro did provide me with a link to their "System Cleaner," but the steps were a bit to overwhelming for me, since I am not exactly computer savvy, and fear that I will totally crash my system. Is there a relatively simple way to resolve this problem? Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problem with your computer.

You really need a trained and experienced malware removal expert to help you check out the innermost workings of your computer. If you go here:

http://forums.tomcoy...hp?showforum=27

You will receive detailed advice and instructions on exactly what you need to do and more important how to do it!.

Read the instructions on the site, carefully, post a HJT log on that forum and an experieced advisor will respond as soon as possible. Sometimes the volunteer experts on that forum get a bit snowed under with folks asking for detailed advice so if you can, try and be a bit patient as they will get to you as soon as they can.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 bigalt

bigalt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 06:05 PM

paws --- thank you for your quick response bigalt

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:14 AM

Hi bigalt, You're more than welcome. I hope you get fixed up quickly Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate