This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

TROJ_CONHOOK.AA

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am currently using Trend Micro PC-Cillin 2007 Internet Security. For some time now, it warns me that I have a Troj_CONHOOK.AA trojan in a particular Windows XP operating file (joyNic.dll). The Trend Micro program is unable to clean, quarantine, or remove this trojan. When I search for the file, using Windows tools, I can locate it, but when I attempt to delete it, I receive a message indicating it cannot be removed. A few questions: 1) Does anyone have faniliarity with this particular trojan, and if so, is it a true threat? 2) Trend Micro did provide me with a link to their "System Cleaner," but the steps were a bit to overwhelming for me, since I am not exactly computer savvy, and fear that I will totally crash my system. Is there a relatively simple way to resolve this problem? Thanks
Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problem with your computer.

You really need a trained and experienced malware removal expert to help you check out the innermost workings of your computer. If you go here:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27

You will receive detailed advice and instructions on exactly what you need to do and more important how to do it!.

Read the instructions on the site, carefully, post a HJT log on that forum and an experieced advisor will respond as soon as possible. Sometimes the volunteer experts on that forum get a bit snowed under with folks asking for detailed advice so if you can, try and be a bit patient as they will get to you as soon as they can.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI