This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Virus / Trojan

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've searched here and read for hours and have tried a lot of what I've seen, but still cannot get rid of these problems. I cannot boot into Safe Mode. So that is a hinderence. Is there any type of anti virus that can be loaded as a boot disk to help? I google'd, but didn't find. ==================================================================== Below is what an online scanner found on my system: Incident Status Location Potentially unwanted tool:Application/PRScheduler Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Motnahp\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\PowerReg Scheduler.exe Virus:w32/bagle.hx.worm Disinfected Operating system Hacktool:rootkit/mhook Not disinfected hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\m_hook Adware:adware/superspider Not disinfected Windows Registry Virus:W32/Bagle.LS.worm Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\EXEFLD\30991218.EXE Virus:W32/Bagle.LS.worm Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\EXEFLD\31045781.EXE ==================================================================== Any help will be greatly appreciated Running XP home edition
Download Hijackthis.exe, here:
http://www.radiosplace.com

Save Hijackthis.exe to its own permanent folder, such as the following:
C:\Hijackthis folder\hjt.exe

Select Run and save a log file.

Then Copy/Paste the Log file into our Malware Removal Forum, here:
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27

Be patient as there are many logs to be worked on, and the Experts all volunteer their time.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI