This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I need help removing a folder from my recycle bin...

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

A small window comes up every time that says the following: Cannot delete ##04InderxerRunning: Cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. Does anyone have any idea why I cannot delete this sucker? I seem to think it may be remnants of a bad virus I once had on the computer. Thanks for any guidance! Jazz003
Hi Ax, I thought this might be the case and I restored the folder and then proceeded to delete files within files successfully. I eventually ended up deleting all folders including the actual folder itself. Then I went back to the recucle bin and deleted them all. It is now empty, but get this. While I was deleting all the folders from the recycle bin I received the same error again (2 times) that I mentioned in the first thread. When I go into the recycle bin it is empty but when I look at the desktop icon it shows that it is not empty. And when I go to empty the recycle bin it asks me if I am sure I want to delete the 2 items. Under folder options I do have all files viewable yet I don't see these 2 files. What do you get of this? Jazz003
Hey Jazz003,

Go to Start|Run, type cmd and press Enter. Type RD /S /Q C:\Recycler (notice that RD, /S, /Q, and C:\Recycler are each separated by a space) and press Enter. This will delete the folder used by the recycling bin, along with its contents. Windows will recreate the folder when it is needed.

If that doesn't work, you can also try the following registry tweak from Kelly's Korner:
Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP

Save the file to your desktop, double-click it, and confirm the merge.

Let me know how it goes,

Ax
Ax, I ended up restarting the computer and then I wa able to "empty the recycle bin". I tried your cmd just for good measure. It lloks as is everything has been deleted, including the unseen files. Thanks for your help! Jazz003

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI