Yeah, I had some major problems with my computer about a week ago…I think it's called the SmithFraud Trojan that got in here cause upon one of my reboots my Start button dissappeared, taskbar was gone, all program files in the Start Menu were empty and when I went into Safe mode it didn't look right so what I did since I couldn't reach my backup on my other partition cause it wouldn't let me use commands, I ended up wiping my partitions with Active Kill Disk and did a clean install and added everything back…all Windows Updates and programs. Now since I switched to Comodo's Firewall I noticed an improvement, it's alot better than Look-N-Stop that I was using. Until I thought I had another malware hit me today with the so call Pigsearch, I started thinkin something else must be wrong in here if something bad keeps getting here. I went ahead and ran GMER, HJT and A2…take a look and tell me if you see anything. BTW, I renamed the GMER exe to merg.exe. Thanks!
GMER 1.0.12.12011 -
http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-02-02 20:16:43
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
—- System - GMER 1.0.12 —-
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwConnectPort
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwCreateFile
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwCreatePort
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwCreateSection
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwCreateThread
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwDeleteFile
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwDeleteKey
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwDeleteValueKey
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwOpenProcess
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwOpenSection
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwOpenThread
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwSetContextThread
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwSetInformationFile
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwSetValueKey
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwShutdownSystem
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwTerminateProcess
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwWriteFile
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cmdmon.sys ZwWriteFileGather
—- User code sections - GMER 1.0.12 —-
.text C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cpf.exe[1960] ntdll.dll!LdrLoadDll 7C9161CA 3 Bytes [ FF, 25, 1E ]
.text C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cpf.exe[1960] ntdll.dll!LdrLoadDll + 4 7C9161CE 2 Bytes [ 05, 5F ]
.text C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cpf.exe[1960] kernel32.dll!LoadLibraryExW 7C801AF1 6 Bytes [ FF, 25, 1E, 00, 08, 5F ]
—- Files - GMER 1.0.12 —-
ADS C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:C4252FE0
—- EOF - GMER 1.0.12 —-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:18:28 PM, on 2/2/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Program Files\NSClean\BOClean\BOCORE.exe
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NSClean\BOClean\BOC422.exe
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\CPF.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\AnalyzeIt\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext =
http://www.rca.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BOC-422] C:\PROGRA~1\NSClean\BOClean\BOC422.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [COMODO Firewall Pro] "C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\CPF.exe" /background
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) -
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1169700582031
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: BOCore - Privacy Software Corporation - C:\Program Files\NSClean\BOClean\BOCORE.exe
O23 - Service: Comodo Application Agent (CmdAgent) - COMODO - C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS IS THE REPORT FOR A2 EARLIER TODAY WHEN IT FOUND PIGSEARCH….
a-squared Free - Version 2.1
Scan settings:
Objects: Memory, Traces, Cookies, C:\, D:\
Scan archives: On
Heuristics: On
ADS Scan: On
Scan start: 2/2/2007 11:00:33 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup detected: Trace.Directory.PigSearch
Scanned
Files: 40630
Traces: 96346
Cookies: 1
Processes: 20
Found
Files: 0
Traces: 1
Cookies: 0
Processes: 0
Registry keys: 0
Scan end: 2/2/2007 11:21:53 AM
Scan time: 12:21:20 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Quarantined Trace.Directory.PigSearch
Quarantined
Files: 0
Traces: 1
Cookies: 0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS IS THE A2 SCAN I JUST RAN…
a-squared Free - Version 2.1
Scan settings:
Objects: Memory, Traces, Cookies, C:\, D:\
Scan archives: On
Heuristics: On
ADS Scan: On
Scan start: 2/2/2007 8:19:12 PM
Scanned
Files: 40634
Traces: 96345
Cookies: 1
Processes: 19
Found
Files: 0
Traces: 0
Cookies: 0
Processes: 0
Registry keys: 0
Scan end: 2/2/2007 8:37:25 PM
Scan time: 12:18:13 AM