This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No audio, not able to open internet options, & others

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Have been in HJT fourms and got good help from them there (http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=75219) to get rid of malware, but need help with the issues I am having now. They are (No audio when playing media files, not able to update using microsoft update, have not tried to reinstall McAfee (but problems with update there also), can not access internet options, can not start windows firewall and keep it running, and programs that use activx not operating properly. That is all I can remember at this time.) Would be thankfull for any and all help. Onegun
Thanks for the help in the HJT fourm, and having this place where someone like me and others can find help. But I think I have solved my issue at this time. I ran sfc /scannow and had a lot of files that was changed. So far everything looks good. Thanks Onegun
Hi, Glad to hear that the System File Checker helped sort out the problem. Its a great first step to take with any such problems and does, often does the trick. Well done on fixing it so quickly. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI