This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Web browser redirected

36 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

WARNING-Combofix

Please Do Not use Combofix and delete Combofix from your computer!

Malware has recently been created and identified that will cause ComboFix to delete normal files and adversely affect your computer.
  • If you have run ComboFix in the past and did not suffer any adverse affects do not worry, but please delete ComboFix now.
  • You must have the specific malware infection present on your system to cause ComboFix to delete the normal files, but as safety precaution you need to delete ComboFix now!
HI, my computer has shut down…I got that blue screen that said it was shutting down to protect itself and now I can't even start it in safe mode. It keeps shutting down and restarting but never boots up. I have it sitting on my kitchen table…… I guess I'm going to have to take it in somewhere.
Because no reply was made. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email
(Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.


Also follow the recommendations in Tony Klein's article
So how did I get infected in the first place?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI