I know water spilled on a laptop is generally bad news, but.. I spilled a bit of water on my desk and consequently some got on my laptop (figures). Anyway I mopped it up with paper towels as best as I could and
the computer works fine in booting up and running programs, thus I don't think anything inside is really damaged.. however most of the keys on the top row of the keyboard (wertyu and i) do not work. What's wrong with the computer? Is there still a little bit of water in there (it only happened last night) or did something further get damaged, and if so what are the options to fix it? Please help, and thanks.
ouch… you shouldn't have turned it on for a couple of days…you need to make absolutely sure its perfectly dry before you turned it on. Not sure what else to tell you there.
Yeah. I probably should not have turned it on and I feel stupid as junk at the moment.. but it SEEMS to be working fine, hopefully it doesn't go haywire in a couple of days..
Oook. I am so very computer illiterate..
Anyways I now have the laptop on its side, battery out, fan blowing on it. I think that should help if there's any residual water in there.
However when I tried to put the battery back in and turn it on just to test it out.. nothing happened. It didn't make a startup noise, or acknowledge the fact that the battery was in or anything. Doesn't seem good.
You may want to have a look at the owner's manual - tech specs at the manufacturer's website.
They generally provide an "expanded" view of how all the parts are assembled.
More than likely there is a plastic film between the keyboard assembly and the main body of the computer.
Lots of places to trap water and protect it from evaporation.
Ultimately, you may need to raise the keyboard assembly to allow air-flow under and around it.
If water got caught, say between the bottom of a concave key insert and the plastic layer, you could have some drops of water near completely protected from efforts to dry quickly.
Either open it up for your fast blow-dry job, or leave it sit in a warm ventilated room for a few days.
…..before testing to see if it lights up.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI