Using win xp, blueyonder,OE 6.0.
my PC shows that it has a connection and my laptop picks up the wireless connection, my son checked my account settings for blueyonder and they are ok. If I go into OE it states I am working online.
I cannot get connected to the web or email. The only thing I can think of is I ran I think it was called trend house doctor, a scan for malware type stuff and clicked for it to take out any problems. I have also backdated on system restore
Help appreciated
thanks
What happens when you try to connect to the internet?
What errors are you getting?
Maybe one of the regulars here in Other Computer Problems will have some ideas.
Ok lets start here.. do you have an installation cd for Blueyonder..? If so, first thing to do is go to the control panel, then click on add/remove, and uninstall anything/everything that has to do with Blueyonder. Once removed, reboot and then open IE and see where that takes you. If you still get the same thing, put the cd in and re-install blueyonder. Reboot and then try IE again.
If you still have the same problem, then post back with information on what type (if any) router you are/may be using and also the type of modem.
As far as I am aware there is no CD for blueyonder as its cable connection but will check with my son as he normally sets it up for me.
Error message… when I try to get email the icon at bottom right of screen states `working online` but after trying to connect i get a pop up stating `host could not be found, error 11004,error number 0x800CCC0D.
I will see about uninstalling and then reinstalling blueyonder today and report back.
thanks
The problem is now sorted, apparently the router had to be reset and this has solved the issue. I had someone look at it as I no nothing about that side of computers.
Thanks to all for the help and advice, greatly appreciated.
Scudo
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI