Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

cant connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:34 PM

Using win xp, blueyonder,OE 6.0. my PC shows that it has a connection and my laptop picks up the wireless connection, my son checked my account settings for blueyonder and they are ok. If I go into OE it states I am working online. I cannot get connected to the web or email. The only thing I can think of is I ran I think it was called trend house doctor, a scan for malware type stuff and clicked for it to take out any problems. I have also backdated on system restore Help appreciated thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

Lets see if we can get the PC back on the internet. This file will fit on a floppy or thumb drive.

Get a copy of winsockxpfix.exe You just run it and
things should work OK after it reboots your system.

http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#3 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

LDTate.... nope that didnt work I ran the programme and rebooted still no connection to email or websites.

#4 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

What happens when you try to connect to the internet? What errors are you getting? Maybe one of the regulars here in Other Computer Problems will have some ideas.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#5 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

Ok lets start here.. do you have an installation cd for Blueyonder..? If so, first thing to do is go to the control panel, then click on add/remove, and uninstall anything/everything that has to do with Blueyonder. Once removed, reboot and then open IE and see where that takes you. If you still get the same thing, put the cd in and re-install blueyonder. Reboot and then try IE again.

If you still have the same problem, then post back with information on what type (if any) router you are/may be using and also the type of modem.

Thank you LDTate for letting me jump in

Edited by Crow, 20 January 2007 - 08:16 PM.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#6 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:24 AM

As far as I am aware there is no CD for blueyonder as its cable connection but will check with my son as he normally sets it up for me. Error message... when I try to get email the icon at bottom right of screen states `working online` but after trying to connect i get a pop up stating `host could not be found, error 11004,error number 0x800CCC0D. I will see about uninstalling and then reinstalling blueyonder today and report back. thanks

#7 scudo

scudo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 06:11 AM

The problem is now sorted, apparently the router had to be reset and this has solved the issue. I had someone look at it as I no nothing about that side of computers. Thanks to all for the help and advice, greatly appreciated. Scudo