This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

can't reinstall trend micro 2007

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was installing trend micro internet secruity 2007 but a blue screen came up and I had to reboot it. When I try to uninstall it doesn't fully uninstall trend micro so I deleted the folder. Trend Micro wasn't in the Add/Remove programs. When I try to reinstall it says that I still have trend micro but I deleted the folder =[. Please help how can i make it reinstall.
Hi,
Sorry to hear of the problems you are having with Trend Micro Internet Security 2007.

Unless you are an expert at manually editing and deleting entries from your Registry it is not a good idea to delete a programme folder as this does not uninstall the product, and will leave Registry items behind as you have found.
NOTE before editing the Registry it is essential to have fully working backups of not only your Registry but also data, settings, important files, and if you are really wise, a disc image of your complete hard drive, as it's possible (and very easy) to render your system unbootable)

The folder you deleted contains the uninstall tool, PccTool.exe and if you email Trend Micro they have been known to send the uninstall tool by email, providing the programme was acquired legitimately.

Here's a link to Trend that gives full details of the uninstall procedure:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/mys…p;id=EN-1033129

This link also details the procedure for using the PCCTool.
Good luck
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI