This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Boot up problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I should have contacted you before this, now I have a REAL problem! The computer I am writing on is not the computer I have this initial problem with. The problem computer is a laptop running Windows XP, Malwarebytes, Spyblaster and I use Mozilla Firefox. I was using Trend Micro PC-illian. I started several days ago having the problem where the computer would hang up and neither the keyboard nor the mouse would work so I would have to power off the computer manually – somtimes as many as 2 or 3 times. When the computer would finally boot up, I got a message from Trend Micro "Program has detected an unstable behavior in the network, hardware, operating system or other application and automatically reverted to its last known good configuration." I contacted Trend Micro and they had me uninstall Trend Micro and I was to delete the folder from the program files. The system would not let me do that. So now the icon still shows on the lower right and says it is loading. I was to download a newer version but have not done that as I didn't know if it wa OK since the uninstall did not complete properly. The third person has contacted me with different instructions. So I am not very comfortable with their solution now. Today the computer hangs up on the boot up and I cannot resolve the problem by manually powering off as I have in the past. As I mentioned before I am not very knowledgeable about computers, so I am at your mercy. I have been very pleased with your help in the past and made contributions to help.
The issues with your computer that you list, doesn't appear to be related to Malware/Spyware/Virus You could try System Restore. 1. Click Start. 2. Point to All Programs. 3. Point to Accessories. 4. Point to System Tools. 5. Click System Restore. 6. Follow the instructions on the wizard. See if you can find a date the the PC worked.

The problem is that neither the keyboard nor the mouse works, so I can't get to anything to restore the system.

You could try using a USB external keyboard and mouse.

Without the use of a keyboard and mouse, you can't do anything.
I'd really suggest you take it into a computer repair shop as I'm sure this is a hardware isuue.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI