Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

panda online scanner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ruriko

Ruriko

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

I'm trying to run the online panda scanner but when it finishes downloading the latest virus defintion it shows a error saying this An error has occurred downloading Panda ActiveScan. Please repeat the process. If the error occurs again, restart your system and try againPossible causes of this error are: Not allowing the application's ActiveX control to be downloaded. Problems with the Internet connection. The error could be due to a download error or an installation error due to lack of hard disk space, privileges etc.,... I tried restarting and running it again but it does the same thing =[. I used IE as the browser

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

Do you notice a yellow bar across the bottome of your Command bars? That would be the XP alert to "accept"/"download" the ActiveX required to Run the Panda Online ActiveScan. It's safe so you can allow it.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Ruriko

Ruriko

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 10:16 PM

There's no yellow bar O.o

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

Hi, Dough is going to be offline for a short while so he has asked me to look by. The problem in running Panda is sometimes caused by you, or your system, not allowing the Active X control to load on your machine. Try it again but this time check your security settings are not set too high (you can easily set them back to their original values, the moment you have succeeded) and that if you get a warning from your system that an Active X control is attemping to download and install from Panda, it is OK to allow it. Regards paws

Edited by paws, 16 January 2007 - 03:41 AM.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate