This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

4GB of data lost - URGENT HELP NEEDED!

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My brother recently deleted one of my folders (accidentally) containing about 4Gb worth of stuff. About 3 quarters of it is from sites that have closed down and some from a mail-list that doesn't keep archives of files they send. What I need is a program to recover the lost files WITH the directory/file-structure intact. I found one program called REMOVEDwhich says it does just that, I put it on C:\ (the deleted stuff is on E:\) and it has found 10,000+ deleted files on C:\ but when I ask it to check E:\, it just finishes the search instantly and there are no results (no error message either). Now, I also found a program called REMOVEDwhich has found over 140,000(!) deleted files on E:\ but it can only recover individual files, not the folder/directory structure as well. Anyway, any help would be appreciated, otherwise could someone point me to either a free program that can recover deleted files & folders with the directory/folder structure intact, or a forum that deals with deleted files and the like. * I've just used REMOVEDto do a simple scan only and it comes up with : "ERROR: Couldnot read MFT Record 912571" ** P.S. I've got like a day and a half to fix this so a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated. ** And if someone does know either how I can get the stuff back or another free program I could use could you either PM me or email me at REMOVED Thanks in advance,
This is really a horrible case caz loosing 4GB of data is not a joke. I guess you need help from recovery labs. You can search this forum to fins some other DIY data recover program or lab. I'm not aware of any free DR program, which is worth to consider. Most of them are not that expensive to start with and based on the try before you buy concept. But I recently came across a Lab called REMOVED Lab Inc. I would suggest to give them a shot…If you wish you can call them at REMOVED I hope you get ur crucial data back.
Urgent, fast and free is a tall order. :(

There are tons of (free) file/data recovery softwares available.
I've used 6 or 8 of them satisfactorily.

But as you indicate, many of the (free) softwares have limitations like poor GUI, capable of retrieving only one file at a time, inability to see some/all of the data in a folder.

I don't think I've ever used one that retrieved folder-tree structure, just individual files.

Of the relatively low cost paid products, this one has received the best reviews:
http://www.getdata.com/ (last time I checked, The full Recover My Files runs $69.95)

I know your main interest right now is to get your files back, but if you do have time to keep us posted with your progress, other Members are likely to benefit from your eventual solution.

Best Regards

From how you described using C:\ to retrieve from E:\ it sounds like you already understand the importance of the following but I'll say it anyway:

If you decide to run a Software Restoration solution, please remember to do so from a separate Disk.

You only want the restoration program to “read” from the drive that has your lost data.
You do not want it to be installed over or over-writing the very information that you are trying to recover.
The more times your data gets over-written, the less likely you can recover it.
Spammer IP address

logan joe IP address: [removed]

kevin Mandonzga IP Address: [removed]


Record Type: IP Address
IP Location: India - Madhya Pradesh - Bhopal - Bharti Televentures Limited A/c Abts Mp
Reverse DNS: dsl-punjab-dynamic-[removed].airtelbroadband.in
Blacklist Status: Currently Listed (history)

Whois Record

inetnum: 59.144.202.0 - 59.144.202.255
netname: Bharti-3254-chn
descr: Bharti Televentures Limited A/c ABTS MP
descr: 1 Malviya Nagar
descr: 1 Malviya Nagar
descr: Bhopal
descr: Madhya Pradesh
descr: India
descr: Contact Person: Nitin Lamba
descr: Email:
descr: Phone:9893124927
country: IN
admin-c: NA40-AP
tech-c: NA40-AP
mnt-by: MAINT-IN-BBIL
status: ASSIGNED NON-PORTABLE
changed: 20060303
source: APNIC

route: 59.144.0.0/15
descr: BHARTI-IN
descr: BHARTI INFOTEL LTD.
descr: Class A ISP in INDIA .
descr: 234 , OKHLA PHASE III ,
descr: NEW DELHI
descr: INDIA
country: IN
origin: AS9498
mnt-by: MAINT-IN-BBIL
changed: 20041020
source: APNIC

person: Network Administrator
nic-hdl: NA40-AP
e-mail:
address: Bharti Infotel Ltd.
address: ISP Division - Long Distance - Telesonic
address: 234 ,
address: Okhla Ind. Area,
address: Phase III
address: New Delhi,
address: INDIA-110020
phone: +91-11- 5171 0131
fax-no: +91-11- 5171 1050
country: IN
changed: 20040911
mnt-by: MAINT-IN-BBIL
source: APNIC
Look familier?

10-02-2006, 04:22 AM
nameless_one
New Visitor Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1

4GB of data lost - URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

——————————————————————————–

My brother recently deleted one of my folders (accidentally) containing about 4Gb worth of stuff. About 3 quarters of it is from sites that have closed down and some from a mail-list that doesn't keep archives of files they send.

What I need is a program to recover the lost files WITH the directory/file-structure intact.

I found one program called REMOVED which says it does just that, I put it on C:\ (the deleted stuff is on E:\) and it has found 10,000+ deleted files on C:\ but when I ask it to check E:\, it just finishes the search instantly and there are no results (no error message either).

Now, I also found a program called REMOVEDwhich has found over 140,000(!) deleted files on E:\ but it can only recover individual files, not the folder/directory structure as well.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, otherwise could someone point me to either a free program that can recover deleted files & folders with the directory/folder structure intact, or a forum that deals with deleted files and the like.

* I've just used 'Turbo File Uneraser' to do a simple scan only and it comes up with : "ERROR: Couldnot read MFT Record 912571"

** P.S. I've got like a day and a half to fix this so a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
** And if someone does know either how I can get the stuff back or another free program I could use could you either PM me or email me at REMOVED

Thanks in advance,

Nameless_One

*** To Site Admin: Please don't delete the names of the programs I've used - it's important that people know what programs I've used - I know that much from a couple of other forums I've been to that aren't operating anymore.
Dang Spammers! What some people won't do for fun and profit!!! Thanks for looking into it LDTate. My own posted recommendation remains valid, but I would recommend that other Members not google or investigate the products listed by login Joe. One of them is only available on a wareznova site. <–not good You don't want to go there! Doug
Both user names banned along with the IP address. I remove the links but think I'll leave the IP address so the bot's can pick it up and spam his IP :rofl:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI