This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Xp wont boot...blue flashing screen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey there. I am at a crossroads here. I am unable tp get my pc running, am currently using my back up pc to post this forum. Once I turn on my pc, i get a blue flash across the screen, and windows xp logo comes on, howver it just continually reboots itself. I can not even access safe mode to troubleshoot nor can I get a HJ log…. any help???
Hi shalane, Happy New Year ,
I appreciate you don't have much time to note the stop error when your screen flashes blue but if possible could you take note of the error number,If not please take a look here especially Restore to last known good configuration….

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?art…1647&page=4

If safe mode does not load correctly, and/or you get the same stop message upon attempting safe mode, it's time to try the 'restore last known good configuration' option in the advanced options menu.

Restart your computer, pressing 'F8' again to load the advanced options menu and select 'last known good configuration (your most recent settings that worked).' This uses Windows XP's built in system restore utility to restore the most recent save point, which should be the last time you installed any drivers or other software. If your system boots normally after this operation, hopefully your problem has been fixed.




Hope this helps……………..

Regards pacman123

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI