Devin
Topic Starter
Hello everyone. I want to start off by thanking this entire community. This is an incredible way to get help especially the help being free. Now I'd love to donate but seeing as I am a minor and have no money and such, I can't. I will be overtaken with appreciation if anyone even replies to my problem. Thanks ahead of time.
Windows XP Home Edition
HP Pavilion a412n
Well I have all of these strange problems that have been beating my computer for at least three years or something. I search on the internet for hours and hours and find no solutions or solutions that end up making my problems worse. Yes, I admit I've tampered with the registry because of a few tricks I might try, but they never help. I bought this computer awhile ago and of course it came with no Windows XP discs, so that is out of the question.
-My first problem has to be that I can't access user accounts. It closes immediately after open. Also, the log on screen is set to "type it in mode" instead of clicking pictures. There is no way for me to change this. Once ago, the user accounts settings opened but right after I click on "change the way users log on or off" it closes without warning or any error windows.
-Some other problems are that wmp closes on open, system restore closes on open, IE closes upon open (I do use Firefox but sometimes I need IE), and search for all files and folders closes.
I have ran plenty of virus remover programs and spyware and adware, the whole lot. But instead of a few minor trojans or adware things, it picks nothing up that really fixes my problems.
Another very odd problem is on startup, after I log in, I get these messages in this exact sequence right after another.
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
The strange thing is that there are at least six "svchosts" running in the task manager and one takes up a much more significant amount of cpu than the rest compared to my computer apparently missing two "scvhosts".
[external image: Posted Image]
This really bothers me because I used to only have two running when my computer wasn't acting up and I'm pretty sure that those two were "scvhosts". Something fishy is going on and I cannot get to the bottom of it, I've tried unsuccessfully.
I downloaded the HijackThis program and used it. Im not sure at all what it all is but hopefully it will help you.
Another fishy looking thing is that HijackThis says there are two "svchosts" running when the task manager says there are six.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:02:50 AM, on 12/19/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
C:\Program Files\RAM Idle\RAM_XP.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://oink.me.uk
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://dect.myspace.com/event.ng/Type=clic…deoid=959177324 (obfuscated)
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
F3 - REG:win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sunkist2k] C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RAM Idle Professional] C:\Program Files\RAM Idle\RAM_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Emurayden PSX Emulator] c:\Program Files\Emurayden PSX Emulator v2.1\Emurayden PSX AutoLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kav] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Registry Fix] C:\Program Files\Registry Fix 3.0.2\Registry Fix.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Tools\Free RAM XP Pro 1.40.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\npjpi150_10.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\npjpi150_10.dll
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll' missing
O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - https://activatemydsl.verizon.net/sdcCommon…DSL/tgctlcm.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Macromedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\Pacsptisvr.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\Sptisrv.exe
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
These persistent problems are making my head spin! Thanks so much to anyone who attempts to help me. Believe me, it means everything to me if someone could possibly help. Thanks again and peace out.
Windows XP Home Edition
HP Pavilion a412n
Well I have all of these strange problems that have been beating my computer for at least three years or something. I search on the internet for hours and hours and find no solutions or solutions that end up making my problems worse. Yes, I admit I've tampered with the registry because of a few tricks I might try, but they never help. I bought this computer awhile ago and of course it came with no Windows XP discs, so that is out of the question.
-My first problem has to be that I can't access user accounts. It closes immediately after open. Also, the log on screen is set to "type it in mode" instead of clicking pictures. There is no way for me to change this. Once ago, the user accounts settings opened but right after I click on "change the way users log on or off" it closes without warning or any error windows.
-Some other problems are that wmp closes on open, system restore closes on open, IE closes upon open (I do use Firefox but sometimes I need IE), and search for all files and folders closes.
I have ran plenty of virus remover programs and spyware and adware, the whole lot. But instead of a few minor trojans or adware things, it picks nothing up that really fixes my problems.
Another very odd problem is on startup, after I log in, I get these messages in this exact sequence right after another.
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
[external image: Posted Image]
The strange thing is that there are at least six "svchosts" running in the task manager and one takes up a much more significant amount of cpu than the rest compared to my computer apparently missing two "scvhosts".
[external image: Posted Image]
This really bothers me because I used to only have two running when my computer wasn't acting up and I'm pretty sure that those two were "scvhosts". Something fishy is going on and I cannot get to the bottom of it, I've tried unsuccessfully.
I downloaded the HijackThis program and used it. Im not sure at all what it all is but hopefully it will help you.
Another fishy looking thing is that HijackThis says there are two "svchosts" running when the task manager says there are six.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:02:50 AM, on 12/19/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
C:\Program Files\RAM Idle\RAM_XP.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\TEMP\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://oink.me.uk
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://dect.myspace.com/event.ng/Type=clic…deoid=959177324 (obfuscated)
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
F3 - REG:win.ini: load=C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
F3 - REG:win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sunkist2k] C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RAM Idle Professional] C:\Program Files\RAM Idle\RAM_XP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Emurayden PSX Emulator] c:\Program Files\Emurayden PSX Emulator v2.1\Emurayden PSX AutoLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kav] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Registry Fix] C:\Program Files\Registry Fix 3.0.2\Registry Fix.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Tools\Free RAM XP Pro 1.40.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\npjpi150_10.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\npjpi150_10.dll
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll' missing
O16 - DPF: {01113300-3E00-11D2-8470-0060089874ED} (Support.com Configuration Class) - https://activatemydsl.verizon.net/sdcCommon…DSL/tgctlcm.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Macromedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: PACSPTISVR - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\Pacsptisvr.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\Sptisrv.exe
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
These persistent problems are making my head spin! Thanks so much to anyone who attempts to help me. Believe me, it means everything to me if someone could possibly help. Thanks again and peace out.