This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My HijackThis Log (Bluescreens, Unrequested Reboots)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

First and foremost, thank you to all of you that offer your advice and expertise on these forums to frustrated, and relatively unskilled, users like myself. Before I post my log I'd like to give a little background information. I am very vigilant about keeping my PC in good working order (or trying to anyway). I use Ad-Aware, Zone Alarm, AVG Anti-Virus, WinPatrol, Spybot, SpywareBlaster, and a handful of other programs to try and prevent my system from being infected with viruses/adware/malware/bots/etc.

Most of the time I have no problems, but after performing a cleaning with a popular registry cleaning tool (CCleaner) I began having difficulties today. My PC bluescreened on four different occasions and rebooted itself twice. I looked at the HijackThis log myself and didn't see any abnormalities, but I am no expert, so I hope I can receive some advice and assistance here. This is my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:55:47 PM, on 12/14/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\Nielsen Media Research\Nielsen Mobile Ratings\NielsenMobileRatings.exe
C:\Program Files\ClickTray Calendar\ClickTray.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hp.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.hp.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.hp.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {D73F49B6-B51B-4d32-A3B7-BD04B8342F53} - C:\Program Files\MorpheusBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\MBSRCAS.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: MorpheusToolbar BHO - {3F3714A1-89A4-46be-8AF3-D0C9D1FB03F9} - C:\Program Files\MorpheusBar\bar\1.bin\MORPHBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {D73F49B1-B51B-4d32-A3B7-BD04B8342F53} - C:\Program Files\MorpheusBar\SrchAstt\1.bin\MBSRCAS.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: Morpheus Toolbar - {3F3714A9-89A4-46be-8AF3-D0C9D1FB03F9} - C:\Program Files\MorpheusBar\bar\1.bin\MORPHBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\Program Files\WinPatrol\WinPatrol.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NielsenMobileRatings] C:\Program Files\Nielsen Media Research\Nielsen Mobile Ratings\NielsenMobileRatings.exe
O4 - Startup: ClickTray Calendar.lnk = C:\Program Files\ClickTray Calendar\ClickTray.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.hp.com
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe


If there is any information that I have neglected to include, please ask and I will do my best to provide it. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Cataclysm
Did I do something incorrectly and or improperly to warrant no response to my post? If so I apologize, but I would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI