This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cannot open Internet Exploer and others

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

On my wife's computer she cannot open IE. After some poking around I find I cannot access My Computer (on same computer) or open other folders either. I can open some Word Perfect files. In Safe Mode I checked the free space and it is over 50%. Right now I am defraging the drive in safe mode.
It may be beneficial to run a HJT and post the Log over in Malware Removal. HJT.exe is small enough to fit on a floppy, so you can download and save it to floppy, then run it on your Wife's machine. Similarly, you can save the HJT Log to floppy and copy it to your machine for access to posting here on the Internet in Malware Forums. You might also benefit from running a good cleaner program like CleanUp! 4.51 or ATF cleaner. Probably have to burn either of them to CD for transfer to her machine. ________________ The problem could very likely be "missing or corrupted" Operating System Files What Operating System is on that Laptop? Run her System File Checker: Start - Run - (type)sfc /scannow - Enter Keep us posted with your progress. Best Regards
Just a reminder.. Post your HJT Log over in the Malware Removal Forum where you can get qualified analysis and instructions for any identified repair needs. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI