This is the second time i tried to post logs to the forum. Is there something more that I have to do? I have an envelope to the left of my post with a black seal. Am I black listed or something. Is there a penalty for being new to the board? People who post after me are being replied to with no problems. Please help.
Hey teeps,
That "black dot" simply indicates that you yourself have have made a post in the indicated thread.
So for instance, if you have read someone else's posted topic, and you did not reply, no "black dot" will appear for you when you look at the Forum topic list. If, however, you decided to reply in the thread, a "black dot" appears on the envelop in the Forum listing of topics. This is a device to help you identify threads where you have posted replies, in case you want to go back and take another look, or post again.
No one else sees your "black dots, which indicates Topics you replied to. The only way I would know that you replied to a Topic, is if I read your reply.
In summary, the "black dot" is just a device to assist you in keeping track of your active threads, and has nothing to do with the Forum or Admin/Mod folks "banning or black-listing" you.
You're just fine here at the Forums.
If you ever do have a problem with the "rules of the forum" and make a mistake, please know that a helper from Admin/Mod group will contact you to inform you, and show you how to continue your work here in the Forums in conformance to the Forum rules.
This is a friendly place and nobody just suddenly gets "blacklisted" without being informed (actually I don't think there is even such a term here)
Some Members do break Forum Rules, and are given informative "warnings" to assist their proper use of the Forums.
As to your experience of not receiving any help/reply for your posted Topic requesting help………
As "friendly" a place as this is, it is also quite "busy". Everyone here is a Volunteer, and offers help where they can. If they don't know the answer, they just don't respond. They may even keep reading your post, in hopes that a more knowledgeable Member will reply with the magic answer, so they can learn too.
Please be patient, especially if you are waiting for a reply in Malware Removal. Those Volunteers are very busy.
Best Regards
awesome… thanks for the reassurance dough. I didn't realize til later that just because a post was above mine… that didn't mean that the post was "started" after mine… it was just the most current post.
Again… thanks dough for the reassurance. Much appreciated… and I look forward to working with someone. I've already benefitted greatly from reading the other posts.