This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Browsers not Allowing Redirects

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Greetings ya'll. I put browers in the title because my problem is occurring in IE7 and Firefox.
The first and only time I have noticed this is when I go to logon to an online class using Blackboard.
I click the login link, it opens a new instance of my browser (IE or Firefox), and it initiates a redirect. My basic understanding of this process is that it does this to gain a secure socket and begin a secured browsing session for the duration of the class.

When I click on the link with my computer it just bounces back and forth in the address line and the login page never loads.
No one else in the class is having the problem, I have contacted my ISP, they say its not on their end (although I have not confirmed that), and I am able to access the page through the network at my job.

I have thought that one way to confirm that it wasn't my ISP would be to bring my computer to work and hook it up to the network here. If it still doesn't work then its definitely my computer.

I have not done that. I am hoping I can solve it another way.

For awhile, I thought maybe my computer had been hijacked and I have been working in another post on Tom Coyote. Here is the link:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?show…72003&st=15

The final outcome of that is that it looks like my system is clean.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
Dough thanks for the quick reply. The people running this forum and contributing are very helpful. I read and checked out all the links Ken sent. Then I re-read the one that you sent again. None of the suggestions work at all. I have spent a considerable amount of time working on this issue. So as your quote says…maybe a miracle will come way soon or I think I will feel pretty good about exhausting every option before reformatting. If I reformat, I am going to do it at work. So when I bring it in, I am going to try to isolate the possibility that it is something to do with my ISP. Although I have already talked to them at length and they claim it cannot be them. The network at work and the machine I use at work allows me to access this page in question. If my box still won't access the page and the network at work, I will just re-format it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI