Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browsers not Allowing Redirects

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 salud

salud

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:05 PM

Greetings ya'll. I put browers in the title because my problem is occurring in IE7 and Firefox.
The first and only time I have noticed this is when I go to logon to an online class using Blackboard.
I click the login link, it opens a new instance of my browser (IE or Firefox), and it initiates a redirect. My basic understanding of this process is that it does this to gain a secure socket and begin a secured browsing session for the duration of the class.

When I click on the link with my computer it just bounces back and forth in the address line and the login page never loads.
No one else in the class is having the problem, I have contacted my ISP, they say its not on their end (although I have not confirmed that), and I am able to access the page through the network at my job.

I have thought that one way to confirm that it wasn't my ISP would be to bring my computer to work and hook it up to the network here. If it still doesn't work then its definitely my computer.

I have not done that. I am hoping I can solve it another way.

For awhile, I thought maybe my computer had been hijacked and I have been working in another post on Tom Coyote. Here is the link:

http://forums.tomcoy...w...72003&st=15

The final outcome of that is that it looks like my system is clean.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:09 PM

Hi Salud,

Nothing new to offer as yet, but I'm still researching.

In the meantime, I highly recommend the page linked to you by Ken in his last reply.

It's not always malware.
http://www.microsoft...s/ietopten.mspx

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 salud

salud

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:59 AM

Dough thanks for the quick reply. The people running this forum and contributing are very helpful. I read and checked out all the links Ken sent. Then I re-read the one that you sent again. None of the suggestions work at all. I have spent a considerable amount of time working on this issue. So as your quote says...maybe a miracle will come way soon or I think I will feel pretty good about exhausting every option before reformatting. If I reformat, I am going to do it at work. So when I bring it in, I am going to try to isolate the possibility that it is something to do with my ISP. Although I have already talked to them at length and they claim it cannot be them. The network at work and the machine I use at work allows me to access this page in question. If my box still won't access the page and the network at work, I will just re-format it.