I'm new to your site but I've read that you have been able to help people with this virus. First, I hope I'm posting in the right place..Second I need you to know that your dealing with somewhat of of a newbie with this kind of problem so feel free to dumb it down if you need to. Problem: I began having problems getting any programs to run. I can't open files, can't open my computer, cant get explorer to open…nothing. I've run my Norton, SpyBot and Adaware but they havn't found anything. I've also run them in Safe Mode…nothing. I've used my Tune Up Utilities and have found that the program iexplore.exe is loading at Windows start up…and it shouldn't be. I've checked the properties of this file and found it identifies the target as "iexplore.exe" "http://iesettingsupdate" and after research on the WEB have found this to be the virus. Now once I go to the taskmanager and kill the iexplore.exe process, everything seems to work ok, until I reboot or start explorer and it shows itself up again. I've seen some solutions you have posted to fix this but figured that each problem is unique and thought it better to start my problem from scratch. One thing that seems common is your request for a log from Hijackthis program….I don't know where this is located or how to find it. Like I said, I desparately need your help (my other option is formatting the drive and starting over) so I'm begging for some help :blink: Feel free to explain as simple as you need to without fear of offening, I probably need it. :) Thanks in advance!