pdp10eng
Topic Starter
I am confused about virus/spyware terminology and use and have the following questions:
I have McAfee Virus scan V10.0 running on XP SP2 with updates downloading daily. I also downloaded a free copy of Spyware Detector about a week ago …
McAfee says infected files = 0
Spyware has trojans on detected list
1. Is spyware reporting the same trojan McAfee has already handled? Do these programs have log files so I can see what they are doing?
2. How do the clean and quarntine operations work?
Do they both "clean" "quarantine" using the same technique or algorithm?
3. Is it safe or recommended to use both programs on the same system?
4. Do you have a descripyion of thr Hijack program? how it works? how to run it?
5. I noticed in reading the how to prevent infection, a number of free virus/spyware/adware programs are available … are these as good as Norton or McAfee?
How is virus detection different from spyware detection and adware detection?
Thanks … Don