This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Superhidden file extensions

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Extensions are those little three letter'd things at the end of a file EXE BAT TXT and so on and so forth They're hidden because if they're changed they can cause the program to not run, or run improperly
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry if my q wasn't clear. I know about file extensions in general. I've just never ran into "supehidden" extensions before. I know about regular hidden extensions. What exactly are superhidden extensions?
I) A "really hidden" file/folder is one that cannot be seen in Windows Explorer after enabling it to "show all files," and cannot be seen in MS-DOS after receiving a proper directory listing from root. a) There is at least one workaround to enable Windows Explorer to see them. B) There is at least one workaround to enable MS-DOS to see them. II) Distinguishes "really hidden" file/folders from just plain +h[idden] ones, such as your "MSDOS.SYS" or "Sysbckup" folder. III) Distinguishes from certain "other" intended hidden files, such as a file with a name of "°ƒë‹x¥."

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI