Schotty
Topic Starter
Hi Guys,
I have this problem with a friend's laptop.
Initial problems were, Lots of popup and the machine was running very slowly.
So I downloaded Spybot and Adaware and did the scans and cleaned what I found.
So got the Lappie back on the Net and the popups continue.
Right, more scans including in Safe mode and a couple more removals.
Ran HJT and found that the laptop had a bunch on trojans in it. So started removing them.
Ran Adaware again and it came up with Command Service as spyware but couldn't get rid of it.
So here's a baseline HJT log file after running Spybot and Adaware.
Any help would be appreciated.
Schotty.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:29:10 AM, on 25/10/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\DOCUME~1\MAXAKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {A8B28872-3324-4CD2-8AA3-7D555C872D96} - (no file)
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {09F1ADAC-76D8-4D0F-99A5-5C907DADB988} - http://cdn.downloadcontrol.com/files/insta…FreeInstall.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by107fd.bay107.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1150601578317
O16 - DPF: {AF2E62B6-F9E1-4D4F-A10A-9DC8E6DCBCC0} (VideoEgg ActiveX Loader) - http://update.videoegg.com/Install/Windows…ggPublisher.exe
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…ro.cab34246.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/popcaploader_v10.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{179AAD66-3ACC-4602-B976-A2CA142F78BD}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{91167333-5595-4B6B-91FF-A297FCD66D01}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B9E5D5D7-80CA-422E-8744-D4A4B2899B42}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{DC980CA0-2ECF-43E5-AC12-898702A1B023}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{179AAD66-3ACC-4602-B976-A2CA142F78BD}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{179AAD66-3ACC-4602-B976-A2CA142F78BD}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - Smart Link - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
I've bolded the lines that I'm concerned about
I'm definately concerned about the O17s but can't find anything about them.
I have this problem with a friend's laptop.
Initial problems were, Lots of popup and the machine was running very slowly.
So I downloaded Spybot and Adaware and did the scans and cleaned what I found.
So got the Lappie back on the Net and the popups continue.
Right, more scans including in Safe mode and a couple more removals.
Ran HJT and found that the laptop had a bunch on trojans in it. So started removing them.
Ran Adaware again and it came up with Command Service as spyware but couldn't get rid of it.
So here's a baseline HJT log file after running Spybot and Adaware.
Any help would be appreciated.
Schotty.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:29:10 AM, on 25/10/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\DOCUME~1\MAXAKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {A8B28872-3324-4CD2-8AA3-7D555C872D96} - (no file)
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {09F1ADAC-76D8-4D0F-99A5-5C907DADB988} - http://cdn.downloadcontrol.com/files/insta…FreeInstall.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by107fd.bay107.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1150601578317
O16 - DPF: {AF2E62B6-F9E1-4D4F-A10A-9DC8E6DCBCC0} (VideoEgg ActiveX Loader) - http://update.videoegg.com/Install/Windows…ggPublisher.exe
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…ro.cab34246.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/popcaploader_v10.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{179AAD66-3ACC-4602-B976-A2CA142F78BD}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{91167333-5595-4B6B-91FF-A297FCD66D01}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B9E5D5D7-80CA-422E-8744-D4A4B2899B42}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{DC980CA0-2ECF-43E5-AC12-898702A1B023}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{179AAD66-3ACC-4602-B976-A2CA142F78BD}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O17 - HKLM\System\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{179AAD66-3ACC-4602-B976-A2CA142F78BD}: NameServer = 65.19.179.106
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: SmartLinkService (SLService) - Smart Link - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\slserv.exe
I've bolded the lines that I'm concerned about
I'm definately concerned about the O17s but can't find anything about them.