This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Trojan+malware keep coming back...HELP!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi my PC is infected with several trojans and malware/adware.
I need to get it going ASAP bc I am in college and need it back ASAP! Please help!

Norton detects them, cleans them but with each reboot they come back.
I have tried disabling some of the programs through MSCONFIG. It doesn't do much b/c PC is still really slow and random pop-ups come up once in a while.

Here's a copy of my HijackThis Log.



Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:16:35 PM, on 10/22/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\VTTimer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\winlogon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\SYMANT~1\NSCTOP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\COMPAQ~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a…&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/fix_homepage
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://www.eyeseek.com/firstsite.asp?b=
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {A8BD6820-6ED7-423E-9558-2D1486B0FEEA} - C:\Program Files\DeluxeCommunications\DxcBho.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Folders\ibm00002.exe"
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00D13CE9-1879-41bd-B8A3-EA3CB1BD01BC} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: ib4.CBrowserHelper - {1E6CE4CD-161B-4847-B8BF-E2EF72299D69} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ib14.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {73364D99-1240-4dff-B11A-67E448373048} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipv6monl.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Glwcick Class - {BDF4E4DF-B6BB-4ECE-8CD9-1880DEC7B82F} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lqe2z.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E5E2A3E7-00FE-4D31-A030-A10799DDCA66} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CBCC61FA-0221-4ccc-B409-CEE865CACA3A} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Session Manager Subsystem] C:\WINDOWS\smss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Logon Process] C:\WINDOWS\winlogon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeluxeCommunications] C:\Program Files\DeluxeCommunications\Dxc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [stonedrv] c:\windows\system32\stonedrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [_mzu_stonedrv7] c:\windows\system32\_mzu_stonedrv7.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [winsys001] drvhrjqv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [loadperf] C:\WINDOWS\system32\loadperf.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [usrsvpia] C:\WINDOWS\system32\usrsvpia.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [powrprof] C:\WINDOWS\system32\powrprof.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [npptools] C:\WINDOWS\system32\npptools.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DeluxeCommunications] C:\Program Files\DeluxeCommunications\Dxc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [explorer] C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FIREFOX] C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG311v3 Wireless Assistant.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send To &Bluetooth - C:\Program Files\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-4017 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1157327630687
O18 - Filter: text/html - {8660A526-27A4-4FBD-85B2-857E82A25971} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lqe2z.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NavLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: rpcc - C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: DCOM Server 2240 - {2C1CD3D7-86AC-4068-93BC-A02304BB2240} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\chidtbx.dll
O21 - SSODL: DCOM Server 2236 - {2C1CD3D7-86AC-4068-93BC-A02304BB2236} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sgls.dll
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\Bluetooth\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-malware\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Windows Logon Process Service (MSWinLogonProcService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\winlogon.exe" -service (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec System Center Discovery Service (NSCTOP) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\SYMANT~1\NSCTOP.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe



Thanks very much guys!
Hi DNS and welcome to TomCoyote's forums :wavey:

I am currently looking over your log. As I am an Undergraduate, everything that I post to you must be checked by an Admin or Moderator. Thus, there may be a tiny bit of a delay between posts, but it shouldn't be too long. I will post back shortly with a potential fix.

Thanks for your patience!
One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute files

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

However, if you do not have the resources to reinstall your computer and would like me to attempt to clean it, I will be happy to do so.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post.
Alright, thanks for letting me know. I have formatted my C drive. I have another hard drive that is used just for pics/program files. I am wondering if I should format that as well? Would the trojan spread on to that as well? I also get this picked up by the Norton Firewall: Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 Services is attempting to access the Internet. svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\ TCP(Outbound) So far I block it everytime. But I think it's a system process? It tried to connect almost every minute or so!
No, you don't need to format your hard drive containing only pics/program files. :)


svchost.exe in C:\WINDOWS\System32 -folder is okay. On XP it's always this folder. If found some other location then it's most likely bad.

Check file's spelling. There is a small difference in writing between these two: svchost.exe (good one) scvhost.exe (bad one)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI