This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

computer died!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey every one, I sure hopw one of you have an idea on what is going on with my computer. It first of all started off that ir would not turn on, the fans atart up and then 2 seconds later it all shuts down. I know that it is not a virus, but that is about it. I have had my techs from work looking at it in their spare time, but no luck. I replaced the ram, now it will start, but only with a different harddrive, my hardrive wont run it. If my hard drive is placed in another cpu it works fine( on slave only) and I can access all files and programs no problem. When it is on master it wont start. MY cpu will start now with a new memory stick, so that is solved, however, I cannot accces the bios to change the program back to the video card, and it turns out those are working fine, so has any one heard of this problem b4? I cannot afford to fix it or but a new one so I am trying to get it fixed. I also took out the little battery so it reset everything, and now I just need to get into the bios, but also why doesnt my HD work with it on master? Why does it just shut down ALL cpu's? I have free long distance calling if u want to talk to me about it, may be easier cause i am cpu illiterate! so i f u need to just send me a number to my email, i think its posted too……. Thanks all and take care.
:( i am sorry to hear about this problem but with a little more info on your pc and possibly manufacture i could call som people (possibly the HD manufacture) to see if it might be a compatibility issue. i may also say my friend has had a similer problem because his pc got too warm and there was some major damage to the hard drive and it too ran in safe mode only, 1.is it sitting on carpet close to wall? 2.Made by emachine ? says on tower 3.this may be difficult for you so i could do it for you but call the "g33k squad" sadly and i could get free verbal tech support. "be angry and it will be free" 4.if it is un -usable further then il call.
Hi Atlee,

Your post is very old, October 2006.

If you still need help please post a new topic.

If a PC, clean out the dust bunnies. Are the fans and internal tower covered in dust?

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI