rockin
Topic Starter
I recently went through a complete change out of my hard drive in order to rid myself of viruses etc. but having only installed JUST the original Windows XP software I am still seeing users "unknown" showing on the security tab of some programs when I boot in Safe mode. How on earth did they hide in a computer with no hard drive? Do the lintballs ever hide in the motherboard or some other place? I have not installed any other programs, but Windows. Today I installed the free AVG, Spybot, HiJackThis, and ran them all BEFORE I did this Hijack log below. Is this related to Windows Messenger and how do I get rid of it? Do I have to buy an entirely new computer?
Thanks for any help anyone can give!
HiJackThis Log of today:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:39:55 PM, on 10/12/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgfwsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis1991\HijackThis.exe
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\avgfwafu.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\avgfwafu.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\avgfwafu.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\avgfwafu.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\avgfwafu.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Firewall (AVGFwSrv) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgfwsrv.exe