dsaltlandhelp
Topic Starter
Hello-
I have gone through the following process numerous times and the downloader.small.azk spyware returns to my computer everytime I open internet explorer. I am running Windows XP. I have all the latest internet updates for the virus softwares used. This is what I have tried to do to remove this spyware.
1. Internet Options - Delete cookies and files (on and off-line).
2. Re-boot to Safe Mode and run Disk Cleanup - Delete temp files, internet files, recycle bin.
3. Run Spybot in Safe Mode - finds no threats.
4. Reboot to Safe Mode and run Ad-Aware - finds no threats.
5. Reboot to Safe Mode and run ewido - finds the downloader.small.azk (every time)
Here is the ewido log after running this process 3 times:
———————————————————
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
———————————————————
+ Created at: 5:08:46 PM 9/26/2006
+ Scan result:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32:rnaa.dll -> Downloader.Small.azk : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
::Report end
And here is the HiJackThis log after running the above process 3 times:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:11:30 PM, on 9/26/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaanotif.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\Media Card Companion\MCC Monitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Application Accelerator\iaantmon.exe
C:\win32app\ingr\ipshare\clntutil\bin\pidrpcs.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
dsaltland