This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Restore Deleted Folder

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

G'day all, due to various problems I experienced with HOSTS files (downloading issues), I got so frustrated and deleted C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\etc - log stock and barrel. This was stupid, I know! As I deleted this folder a few months ago recovering attempts with restoration software proved fruitless. I kindly request advise as how to reinstate or establish a brand-new folder named C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\etc anew. Many thanks in advance.
Run System File Checker and have your XP installation CD handy. Start - Run - (type)sfc /scannow SFC should identify that the file is missing, and copy the original from your installation disk. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI