Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

WHAT is HaPpenninG!?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mightyrhino

mightyrhino

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:38 PM

My computer is playing with me!! First i wasnt able to go to godaddy or view my webmail account... Said it could display the page... Then i get to see my webmail.. now it won't let me into my webbased contactbook @ contactbook.net... My secretary can go there but I can't!! Why ??

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:51 AM

Hello mightyrhino,

Lots of reasons, but let's start simple.

Clear your Temporary Internet Files

Start - Control Panel - Internet Options - Delete Files
(an option will pop-up to delet "offline content" - put a checkmark to allow "Delete all offline content - OK)
Next
Click - Delete Cookies - OK
Close out your Internet Properties screen with OK or Close

------------

Clear your JAVA Cache

Start - Control Panel - JAVA (sometime listed as Java-plugins) - Double Click to Open JAVA Control Panel
Toward the Bottom of the General(tab) is the item Temprorary Internet Files, with a "Delete Files" button
A popup will display - Downloaded Applets - Downloaded Applications - Other files - allow all to remain checkmarked for Deletion
Click Apply - OK
(during this JAVA Cache procedure, your JAVA Runtime Environment may attempt to access the Internet. That's OK. You can allow or not. either way is fine)

"Delete Files" will clear the various "applets" and "activeX scripts" that a user accumulates over time while surfing. (Jave applet's and ActiveX scripts can get corrupted just like any other system file)

(you should know that when you delete temporary internet files and activeX, that the next time you go to Websites that require UserName and Password, you will have to "manually" enter them the first time you visit, after that your Windows can save them again for you. Also Websites that require ActiveX scripting will prompt you to download and accept a fresh copy of the ActiveX before gaining access to the Website.

Notice there is a (tab) for Update.
This will download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment, which you should keep updated.

Unfortunately there is a "caveate". The JAVA updater leaves all the old version files on your machine, with whatever corruption/vulnerabilities/problems associated with the older version.

I always "Uninstall" JAVA using Add/Remove and then download and install the New JAVA, here:
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

Go try your GoDaddy and your webmail.

You may be "good to go", or problems may still exist for further investigation.

Please keep us posted with your progress.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.