This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Problem With CD Drives

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an eMachines T3025 that I have upgraded both of my Drives. I have a LITE-ON COMBO S0HC-5236K DVD Burner on top set as my Master Drive & a HP DVD Writer 840b with lightscribe on bottom set as my Slave Drive.
When I put a disc in some will automatically read and auto play and some won't so I have to manually start it, but now sometimes it won't read at all and I have to restart my pc inorder to read whats in the drive. I have checked all my settings and troubleshooted this problem and come up with nothing.
Can anyone help with this? :scratch:
Hi quad_1984, Be sure the IDE and power supply connectors are correctly and firmly plugged in. Are both units accurately identified in your BIOS? Check in Device Manager for yellow or red warnings flags. If flag exists, remove the driver and allow Windows to "find new hardware" and "install drivers for new hardware". Did you install the DVD and burning software that probably came along with these drives? Since you "upgraded" by adding these devices, you may have exceeded the capacity of your Power Supply Unit. It can be replaced with a larger capacity one. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI