Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Micah--Helping a friend with his log--bearshare?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 watertownbard

watertownbard

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

Hi again Micah--Its oliversoddities. How's it goin I am at a friends house. After removing the viruses and crapware, I discovered that there were a few programs that did not remove. I have posted his log and was wondering if there is anything that you can see on the log. The programs in question are Bearshare, but there could be a couple more. I believe that I may have to go into the safemode or regedit. Please let me know what you find. TY again.

Oliver

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:27:39 PM, on 8/18/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2P1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Candace Brassard\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.taskstream.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://httpwwwads.co...L?zone=enternet
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON PictureMate] "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2P1.EXE" /P17 "EPSON PictureMate" /O6 "USB002" /M "PictureMate"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebo...otoUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1139734614854
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (lsass) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 watertownbard

watertownbard

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

hi again Micah. I forgot to mention that I am unable to change the homepage. I am unable to change it under internet properties and it just keeps coming up on the webpage. http://www.taskstream.com/pub/

Thanks again

Oliver

#3 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:53 PM

Please make a PERMANANT folder for Hijack This!

Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT. MOVE (drag-and-drop) HijackThis into this folder.

If required a tutorial is here = Hijackthis Folder Tutorial

CLOSE ALL WINDOWS (even this one) AND PROGRAMS!!!!

Run Hijack This!
Click "Do a systen scan only".
Then "check" the box to the left of these item(s):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://httpwwwads.co...L?zone=enternet

O23 - Service: Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (lsass) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\lsass.exe (file missing)

Then click "Fix checked" and close Hijack This!.

Now, please go to:

Start --> Run

In the box type in services.msc then hit < Enter > (or click OK)

In the Name column look for:

Local Security Authority Subsystem Service

< Double-click > it.

In the dialogue box that pops up, check in the Path to executable box.

It should say: C:\WINDOWS\lsass.exe

That's how to be sure you have the right one.

Now, click Stop to stop that rogue process.

In the Startup type box, change it to Disabled.

Click Apply then OK

Close the services.msc window.

Reboot in "safe" mode.

Delete all of the following noted (in red) file(s)/FOLDER(s) you can find:

C:\WINDOWS\lsass.exe <-- file

Warning!!!!

Delete this file in this folder only!!!!

The one in the system32 folder is the "legit" one. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Some malware files may be "hidden".
Be sure to show hidden files when looking for these file(s) and/or folder(s).

Reboot in normal mode and "copy/paste" a new HijackThis! log file into this thread. :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#4 Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:04 PM

You need To disable SpySweeper to change the homepage. Open it click >Options over to the left then >program options >Uncheck "load at windows startup". Over to the left click "shields" and uncheck all there. Uncheck "home page shield". Uncheck 'automaticly restore default without notifiction". Change the homepage. Reboot. Re-enable Spysweeper. :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

#5 watertownbard

watertownbard

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

Hi again Micah. TY for the info. Here is an updated log. Bearshare is still on the system as is Kazaa. I attempted exactly what you suggested but lsass.exe could not be found. I made sure that the hidden folders were unhidden, but the only lsass.exe file located in was in the system 32 folder. Is there another way to remove this bearshare programand kazaa?

TY

Oliver

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:58:01 PM, on 8/18/2006
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2P1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.taskstream.com/
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON PictureMate] "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2P1.EXE" /P17 "EPSON PictureMate" /O6 "USB002" /M "PictureMate"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebo...otoUploader.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1139734614854
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe

#6 watertownbard

watertownbard

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:09 PM

btw Micah, out of curiosity, where are you located? I asm in Upstate NY. Oliver

#7 Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:46 PM

If you're a College football fan, I'm located between the Sooners and the Huskers... ;) The log looks good. If a program isn't in "Add/remove programs", you have two options that I am aware of: 1. Ignore it 2. Manually remove the files/folders Note: Sometimes option 2 will require registry edits. :)

#8 watertownbard

watertownbard

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

ty Micah. I will go ahead and remove the entries in the log. Sounds like you are in tornado alley:) I am originally from FLA so I am a Bulls fan (Tampa-USF) but since they did not have a football team before the late 90ties, my heart is still with the Florida Gators. MY GF and I want to start taking the Tom coyote class. Hopefully we will see you soon:) Thanks again, Oliver

Edited by watertownbard, 19 August 2006 - 02:25 PM.

#9 Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 03:08 PM

Most programs have an uninstall with them.

Check the folder before deleteing it for something like that.

:) :thumbup: