Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

page cannot be displayed fo fo fo fo fo FO!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SHELDONHURLES

SHELDONHURLES

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:20 AM

Hi, I see that this problem is more common in Windows XP. But anyways, here goes, hopefully someone can help me with this problem. I have Windows ME by the way. Alright then, my internet connection (dial-up) stays active while after 8-9 minutes my Internet Explorer will no longer load webpages, "page cannot be displayed". Well I thought maybe it was just the browser itself. Needless to say, it wasn't. I cannot download anything at all, unless it only takes 8 minutes or less, and with dial-up that's an instant NO. When I do attempt to download anything at all, after that 8 minutes, a message pops up that says "internet explorer cannot download...from...the connection with server was reset". I have no antivirus, no spyware, no adware. Oh, this all started when I updated my MSN Messenger. Ha! I wish I never had gone for the new version. But another thing, when I did have MSN Messenger (I deleted it, I thought that was the problem) after the 8 minutes it would shut down also, yet when I run my Yahoo Messenger, after the 8 minutes, it stays running. I think that's about all. Can anyone out there PLEASE solve this problem. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! On my knees!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

Here's a long-shot. Your connection may be timing out after no activity from your keyboard and/or no new access attempts, even though you may be passively involved in an ongoing download. One way to send a "stay alive" message to keep your internet connection active is to set your Email Client, (for instance Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc.) to check for email every 5 minutes. Let us know how you are progressing with this. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 SHELDONHURLES

SHELDONHURLES

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:01 PM

This "page cannot be displayed" happens even while I am busy loading pages constantly. I also get the error MSHTL.DLL alot.

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

MSHTL.DLL may not be a known .dll, ........however,
MSHTML.DLL is a valid .dll in the Windows ME operating system.

There are also known problems with MSHTML.DLL as noted in the following MS Knowledge Based article:
http://support.micro...om/?kbid=265244

In the event that you have attempted to circumvent this problem by installing Internet Explorer version 6.0, There may still be problems with the MSHTML.DLL file. Follow these instructions from Microsoft:
http://support.micro...om/?kbid=318153

In the odd event that you actually have a MSHTL.dll in your System Folder, then I'd suggest that you RENAME it to MSHTL.old and download the correct MSHTML.DLL from this site:
http://www.dll-files...es.shtml?mshtml

After following the Microsoft instructions regarding your Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.0, I'd recommend that you allow further update to version to the most recent version available to you. Here:
http://www.techspot....tweaks/updates/

Please keep us posted with your progress.

Best Regards

Edited by dough, 17 August 2006 - 09:14 PM.

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.