This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Lookin for a hand

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Greetings. I believe myself to be savvy, and a tech junky. However from time to time I need to pick someother brains. I am at work currently, and will post the logs for the home computer when I get home tonight. I have read the before you post articles. Background: - Brother's Computer: WINXP pro SP2 (updates supposed to run at least 2-3 times a week) McAfee 8.1i updates daily and scans daily - on boot: services.exe -17303435 (similar number) has error and the NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM creates shutdown (I believe ACPI BIOS and a write offset) bios settings and power mgmt setttings ok) -IF shutdown -a is used then only half or less fo system is srtarted up when the shutdown starts - USING SAFE MODE - two key things: brave Sentry, xpupdate.exe (both gone now) - recieve windows update errors - from reading on this forum and others, and overall crawling used Siri Smitfraud removal I have Log, though was overwritten with search. Only found/deleted files were in bravesentry folder, no winninet infection. - after Siri fix, attempted norm boot, lsass.exe -17303435 ( or similar number) now intiates the NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM creates shutdown (I believe ACPI BIOS and a write offset) bios settings and power mgmt setttings ok) + + IF a partial Normal HIJACK log will help then I will post that as well. SafeMode has no problems what so ever and virus scan yeilds nothing. McAfee will block the install of unwanted programms or potentially unwanted programs. Spybot 1.4 in safe mode found too cookies, all expections unchecked. ++ Please tell me if the partial log will work. Norton/Trendmicro online scans yeilded nothing. Thank you. I apologize for this deviation from the rules, but wish to avoid confusion later.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI