#1 - Check to be sure that Date, Time and Zone are correct in Windows
#2 - Re-Register these dll's:
Start > Run > (type) regsvr32 browseui.dll
Repeat the above sequence at the Run command line (typing in the “regsvr32 [each file from the list below. dll ]
regsvr32 browseui.dll
regsvr32 initpki.dll
regsvr32 mshtml.dll
regsvr32 qmgr.dll
regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll
regsvr32 mssip32.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll
regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 MSXML3.DLL
regsvr32 WINTRUST.DLL
#3 - Open Internet Explorer
Select > Tools > Internet Options > Advance tab
Remove the checkmark (if it’s there) in front of: “Check for server certificate revocation”
reboot system
No need to reboot if there already wasn’t a checkmark
$4. Still on the Advanced Tab, scroll down further
Make sure there’s a checkmark in both -
Use HTTP 1.1
Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections
#5. In Internet Explorer – Tools – Internet Options – General Tab
Click on the “Language” button at the bottom of that screen.
“ENGLISH (United States) (en-us)” should be the language at the top of the list, (or the only language if you don’t have others
#6. Open this file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\hosts
and REMOVE any line that has microsoft or akamai in it.
#7 For additional trouble-shooting: Here is the Microsoft Knowledge Base help file for this kind of problem:
MS KB Article 326253 I
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?…kb;en-us;326253
If the above hasn’t fixed the problem, please give us additional information.
Specifically, what Error Code Number are you receiving, or at least the exact text of the error message.
The Error Code is probably:
[Error number: 0x80072F8F]
[Error number: 0x8024402F]
[Error number: 0x8024402F]
I don’t think it will help, but you could add the following sites into your Trusted Sites Zone:
http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
Finally, there is a third-party autofix utility available for this kind of problem.
I HAVE NEVER USED IT. I CANNOT VOUCHE FOR ITS EFFECTIVENESS.
I’m including it only as a possible alternative, if all else fails to help.
I suppose that before I used it, I would try returning all settings in IE to “Default Setting”
Here’s the location of the utility (use at own risk) :
http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix
Best Regards