Hi all,
I'm on my girlfriends PC and it had Norton Anti virus installed when she bought it and the renewal date has expired but I can't see a way to uninstall the program, it's not in add or remove programs and there is no option on the program itself. Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance,
Phil
hi mate, are you wanting all norton files removed? Because i had this problem. Norton is a PAIN to remove…..however, norton have released a tool which totally removes norton safely from your pc. Try this:
just download it……scan it to make sure it's ok, and then run it, it'll remove all norton files from the registry and program files. i have used it before and it's perfect.
Cheers Bob,
I'm not going to be on that machine until Thursday but I will check it out then. I'd be happy to be rid of the Norton because it's not running properly since it expired but still interferes with some operations and she has AVG running in the background which could explain some of the weird goings on with her PC.
If it is left on standby for a while half of the screen goes black and sometimes when she starts it up she just gets a gray screen. I have run the AVG test and it came up with nothing and removed a lot of threats with Spybot so i'll have to wait and see if that has cured the problem.
The advice/link provided by bizarrebob in the above reply, is indeed a useful and recommended tool.
Here is an additional and more comprehensive review of that tool and others that you may need depending upon what version of Norton/Symantec the machine had installed. The review also provides tips for problem-solving various complications that occasionally crop up when removing Norton/Symantec with automated tools.
This link is the work of a respected MS MVP, and has been recommended by senior expert Members here at TomCoyote. Personally, I have used and relied on the the contained information with good result.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI