This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

What Linux should I download?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hey, I've just come back from the library and I got a great book out on Linux. It includes a bootable trial disc that I'm going to try now. I think I might install Linux on a seperate partion to Windows and I was just wondering what Linux you would recommend. The author recommends Mandrake but the book got published in 2004. Thanks in advance, ~Matt :-)
Okay, I've downloaded Mandriva and then I put the file onto a cd. I booted up the computer and then it puts up this console thing and I just want to know how do I get to like the main interface - desktop. Thanks for your help. ~Matt :-)
I'm not really sure but I got some help from other people and I think that Mandriva only puts out an install disc and not a live cd. ~Matt :-)