CharonX
Topic Starter
Resolved - at least as far as I can tell. I tried Vundo remover earlier with no success, but now it work, probably a new version, or my PC was just quirky. Good riddance. If new pop-up pop up I'll return, but so far, no problems.
I'm having a quite persistent problem with Winantivirus pro 2006 adware on my system (no, I didn't install that carp**, I guess I somehow caught it via a downloader/trojan that snuck past my virus scanner - later that day I got an alert regarding an infection, had it cleaned out, updated the AV, did a full system scan with negative result)
Here's my Hjiack this! log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 03:15:40, on 31.07.2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
E:\Temp\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://tw.msi.com.tw/autobios/VerChk/LSeri…nction=LMonitor
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.200 community.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.203 dfg.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.196 files.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.205 mac.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.197 old.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.207 ron.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.194 the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.195 www.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.209 zzt.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.200 community.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.203 dfg.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.196 files.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.205 mac.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.197 old.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.207 ron.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.194 the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.195 www.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.209 zzt.the-underdogs.info
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1146067920578
O23 - Service: AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Service (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
I must also note that I have that obnoxious jkhhg.dll as an "add on" in IE, disabeling it does not really work (turns itself back on upon startup) and deletion seems to work neither (deletion while Win XP runs get the "file is in use" message, deletion upon startup yields no results) It also has dug its roots into the registry, under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{37393346-541B-42A8-ABEE-B21625464A58}\InprocServer32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSES\{37393346-541B-42A8-ABEE-B21625464A58}\InprocServer32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\jkhhg
Any help given would be greatly appreciated (though if worst comes to worst I'll just flatten the OS and rebuild)
Addendum: I tried both, adaware and spyboth search & destroy - neither found indication of any culprit, my AV is up-to-date and I have a firewall running (ZoneAlarm).
I'm having a quite persistent problem with Winantivirus pro 2006 adware on my system (no, I didn't install that carp**, I guess I somehow caught it via a downloader/trojan that snuck past my virus scanner - later that day I got an alert regarding an infection, had it cleaned out, updated the AV, did a full system scan with negative result)
Here's my Hjiack this! log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 03:15:40, on 31.07.2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
E:\Temp\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://tw.msi.com.tw/autobios/VerChk/LSeri…nction=LMonitor
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.200 community.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.203 dfg.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.196 files.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.205 mac.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.197 old.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.207 ron.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.194 the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.195 www.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.209 zzt.the-underdogs.org
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.200 community.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.203 dfg.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.196 files.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.205 mac.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.197 old.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.207 ron.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.194 the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.195 www.the-underdogs.info
O1 - Hosts: 209.120.136.209 zzt.the-underdogs.info
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1146067920578
O23 - Service: AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Service (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
I must also note that I have that obnoxious jkhhg.dll as an "add on" in IE, disabeling it does not really work (turns itself back on upon startup) and deletion seems to work neither (deletion while Win XP runs get the "file is in use" message, deletion upon startup yields no results) It also has dug its roots into the registry, under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{37393346-541B-42A8-ABEE-B21625464A58}\InprocServer32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSES\{37393346-541B-42A8-ABEE-B21625464A58}\InprocServer32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\jkhhg
Any help given would be greatly appreciated (though if worst comes to worst I'll just flatten the OS and rebuild)
Addendum: I tried both, adaware and spyboth search & destroy - neither found indication of any culprit, my AV is up-to-date and I have a firewall running (ZoneAlarm).