Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

How do I create an easy to use web form?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 matty3

matty3

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

Hello, I would like to create an easy to code web form. Could anyone help me? I just need it for like feedback etc. Would it be possible for it to send the data to an e-mail address? Thankyou for your help, ~Matt :-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

Probably dozens of Members here could help, I can't.
Here is a sub-Forum at my home Forum PCPitstop where they work on Websites and coding all day long.
You might want to post there, or just lurk around and see what you can pick up from reading other posts.
You'll also be able to "Search" the Forum for similar questions.
http://forums.pcpits...hp?showforum=27

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:52 AM

This is the code for a form that will email the info to me at my email addy... just make sure to pay attention when you copy and paste it and change the parts that need changing... or ill be getting emails i dont want.

<html>
<body>
<form action="MAILTO:crow@crowscorner.net" method="post" enctype="text/plain">

<h3>This form sends an e-mail to me at Crow@crowscorner.net.</h3>
Name:<br>
<input type="text" name="name"
value="yourname" size="20">
<br>
Mail:<br>
<input type="text" name="mail"
value="yourmail" size="20">
<br>
Comment:<br>
<input type="text" name="comment"
value="yourcomment" size="40">
<br><br>
<input type="submit" value="Send">
<input type="reset" value="Reset">

</form>
</body>
</html>

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#4 matty3

matty3

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:16 PM

Thankyou Crow. Is there anyway to get it so your mail program window doesn't show up or is there another code that doesn't need to use the persons mail program? ~Matt :-)

#5 Braiden

Braiden

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

Web layouts can be created on simple programs like photoshop if you are good enough you can find someone to code the layout you have created, if you are making a site which you want people to be able to login you need to use a simple php script. Looking at crows code, you can edit that as much as you want changing the email, finding a basic html layout is like your first car, you can do it up as much as you want. Some how id say im off topic :) but thats me random

Edited by Braiden, 24 January 2008 - 05:40 PM.

#6 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:38 AM

Hello Braiden, Thanks for your added contributions. What you may not have been aware of when posting to this thread is that the last post before yours occurred about a year and a half ago. I'm sure if the OP was still in need of a solution, your recommendations would have been well-noted, but I would imagine he isn't still seeking assistance on the original inquiry. Don't worry about it though, it happens to the best of us. I just wouldn't want your time to be spent compiling well-written posts that the OP may never come back to read ;). Regards, Ax

#7 Brandon Turner

Brandon Turner

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

Any form using the Mailto: will pull up the local mail program.

If you want to send server based email I suggest using a server that has PHP functionality and or paying for hosting on a server that provides it.

Here is the sample code that uses the PHP function mail()

Send Email from a PHP Script Example

The first argument to this function is the recipient, the second specifies the message's subject and the third one should contain the body. So to send a simple sample message, we could use:

<?php
$to = "recipient@example.com";
$subject = "Hi!";
$body = "Hi,\n\nHow are you?";
if (mail($to, $subject, $body)) {
echo("<p>Message successfully sent!</p>");
} else {
echo("<p>Message delivery failed...</p>");
}
?>

That's it!

Once you have the basics of sending mail through PHP you can integrate it into HTML based forms as you have already used with the Mailto: setting
Here is a link to a good tutorial
http://www.thesitewi...edbackphp.shtml