This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Application Error - DLACTRLW.EXE

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My newly bought Laptop was running very slow even at startup. After I installed MS Office, I tried to clean the pc by running CleanUp! After that, my worst problem started. I couldn't get the machine going. I forced to do the hard restart. "DLACTRLW.EXE - Application Error, the application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0150002)…." this is the Error that I have got. The "Start" button was went missing. I tried to re-install the Windows XP pro SP2, but it ended with a Stop Message: Technical Info: Ox0000007B (OXF7AF4524, OXC0000034, Ox00000000, Ox00000000) When I tried to install some program like TuneUp Utility, an error returned saying that the application failed to start due to incorrect configuration….. so, i couldn't install any software at the moment, what should I do??? Sorry to say that i am new in this forum. I don't really know where to post this thread. I really need all your guidance and help. Warm regards.
Just because a machine is "newly bought" doesn't necessarily mean that it is "new", or that the Operating System is fully patched and updated.

Head over to Microsoft and allow to scan for updates.
Let us know if the problem persists.

You may also benefit from examining your StartUp List.
GoTo: Start - Run - (type) MSCONFIG
Click on StartUp (tab)

scan throught the list of programs and functions that activate at boot.

You can check up on various routines to determine if they are necessary, optional, safe to disable, etc. , here:
http://www.answersthatwork.com
or
Pacman's StartUp list, currently hosted at CastleCops.com

Best Regards
Dough, Thanks for your reply. The windows was updated before it crashes. I can't run MSCONFIG because the "start" button does not appear. Regards.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI