Heya,
Last 1 week or so i have a problem with Windows Media Player (WMP). From times to times the CPU usage goes up to 99% and this causes a lot of problems to the rest things im doing.. I can't yet understand what the problem is exactly although i have an idea. This seems to started after the last time i updated the new music files and stuff (got around 9k files now total size of 20GB, when a lot of them are from games music and videos -.-) but not sure about that.. Any ideas on this?
Thanks,
NwS
Check your Windows Media Player - Options.
Especially those that have to do with security and privacy.
WMP can spend a lot of time logged in and searching the internet for "media information" and "acquiring licensing".
I don't support downloading copyrighted material without permission, license, or payment, but these settings in WMP can cause a load on your machine, even if you are strictly legit.
Best Regards
Unchecking those items is likely to "help", but may not be the entire solution.
Keep us posted as you experience your machine's performance during the next few days.
Best Regards
I also removed around 5k of files that where games related and it seems ok right now! I'll use it for some more days and ill let you know later on the results!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI