This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

looking for "professional" opinions-help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I'm thinking about upgrading my gaming computer and would like some opinions on whether i should or shouldn't. First, my current specs- P4HT, 2.6ghz, 478 socket, Asus P4C 800e-Deluxe mainboard, 2gb Ram, ATI 9600XT(AGP). I would like to upgrade to a P4 3.0-3.2ghz, 478 socket and either a Nividea or Ati Highend AGP Graphic card. I know the 478 socket and the AGP graphic interface is old, but i cannot afford a totally new computer. Plus the motherboard kicks butt, so my question is-will i notice a NOTICABLE improvement with a "newer" cpu? and, which graphic card delivers the most bang for the buck? I know the 7800gs is the biggest card at the moment, but i have heard that the ATI X1600XT and X850GTO is also good and costs have as much. Please, help me out with this. Thanks!!!
I don't know much about graphics card, but your current computer specs are pretty decent for gaming i'd say, why do you still need to upgrade? having lag problems?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI