Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cox Messing up email account

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rancar

rancar

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

I noticed some of you saying you had a problem with Cox and their WASN'T ME attitude. We had our email with Cox for just under a year, when suddenly email started asking for a password we didn't have/use. Upon contacting them, we were told we never had a primary email account with them. We gave them the address we had been using and even sent a message to them (we could send messages, but couldn't receive them.) Any messages sent to the address were being bounced. We tested this by using our Hotmail address. We made repeated phone calls, waiting over half an hour for someone to answer the phone. No one could give us an answer. Finally, a "manager" x 2 told us that someone else had our email address for the past few years under their primary account, and recently disconnected service. What? Then, how were we getting emails? When we insisted they turn it back on, they told us we have to wait for 90 days to get the name back because someone else had it. I am losing money each day I don't use this address! What a pain! A similar thing happened after hookup - the connection kept dropping. They refused to replace the modem, blaming our new computer for the problem. We had the computer checked out - nothing. They still refused to replace the modem and wanted me to pay $50 to send out a technician. Months went by with this garbage, and I went into the hospital to have a baby, and ended up staying due to complications. In the meantime, our service was disconnected because I wasn't there to pay the bill by the date I'd planned to. Anyway, once we got back up and running again, surprise! Everything worked fine! I really don't like this company. They and Qwest have technicians that really don't know what they're doing.

Advertisements

Register to Remove