Yeah…very wierd. Device Manager has strated working but still an empty network connections. The adaptor is listed in Device Manager. The 1394 adaptor is disabled…Oh wait…I enabled it and now I have the 10/100 adaptor too!!!Waiting…waiting waiting for Google.com…still waiting…waiting…Grisoft Updates-YesMozilla loads Google.com-yes…Still waiting for IE…done it worked!!!! Now to see what else is still screwed up. Gawd I hate Symantec!!!!
Here's the HJT log file. I'm sending this from the actual desktop being worked on in NORMAL-MODE!!!!! :
Does it look OK? The mouse likes to lock up waiting for Explorer menus to open. The keyboard scroll bars keep working…
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:31:26 PM, on 7/11/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5450.0004)
Now, whenever I right-click on my computer, the Symantec Client Security installer starts up and runs through quite the dance and then does an un-progress bar and quits, then the right-click menu appears. Any ideas??
Windows Install Cleanup did the trick. I think that may be it. I'm making another image of this drive now. When that's done I'll check further.
Thanks a lot for your help. We'll be making a donation.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.