Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lauren32

lauren32

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

Hey Fellas, Hows it going? Just had a couple of quick questions I just recently downloaded XP Service Pack 2 and it modified a few things in my computer. 1) I used to be able to open up small news clips and stuff like that directly in my windows browser (with windows media player opening up a blue column on the left side of the browers). For some reason after I downloaded Service Pack 2, I cant open up the mpeg files. Occasionally it will try to open it up with quicktime. Is there any way I can get back to the old way of opening up the mpegs in the internet browser? 2) After I downloaded Service Pack 2, it makes my actual internet explorer pages almost full screen size. I used to open up multiple stories at the same time and the stories I opened up were in small browers set the size I wanted. Now, for some reason it opens up all my browsers in the big size, which slows down my surfing a lot. Previously, I could set the size and "close or "x"" out the browser and the following pages would be that size. Now I can't do this anymore. Is there any way I can correct this? 3) When I used to open up .wmv files it used to open up in my winamp video (which I thought was very convinient). After Service Pack 2, it opens it up in windows media player. Is there any way I can revert back to opening these files in winamp?? Please let me know what you all think. Sorry if these sound like super basic questions, I just thought the pros out there would know more than me. Thanks for your help. :) Lauren M.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:58 PM

I may be able to help with a few of your problems.

To change the application windows uses to "open" a certain type of file (such as *.wmv) do this:

1. Place the cursor on the file and <right-click>

2. In the window that opens up, <click> "Open with" > "Choose program".

3. In the next list that opens up, choose the application you want windows to open this type of file with, then "check" the box "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

I hope this works for you.

I'll have to do some research about the screen size.
:)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 lauren32

lauren32

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:43 PM

Micah, I actually tried the right click thing and it only gives me the option of 1) Open Link 2) Open Link in new window. So, I dont think that will work. Any more suggestions?

#4 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:27 PM

You have to have that type of file on your machine to <right-click> on.

You're right, <right-clicking> on "links" on web pages won't work.
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!