This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Transfer of software

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Help, My hard drive is going, going, gone. I need to transfer only the program I access the intranet/internet, but have not been successful. I connect to the intranet thru an applet on a T1 line. I have been unable to transfer the software. I am unable to right click the program icon to find the target program. I don't want to trtansfer all the "junk" from my old computer to the new one. On my new computer I have been able to log on, then go to the internet applet, BUT the name and password area comes up blank (loads but no writing), so I cannot proceed onto the internet as I do on my old computer. I can connect both computers, migrate data, but am unsure of how to find the programs and files I need. Can you help? Objuan
hi objuan,

a T1 line

this must be a work place computer.

transfer only the program I access the intranet/internet

do you have a install cd from your isp maybe? i would call them and tell them you have a new computer you need to get online
Thanks, I thought that since I could access everything except the applet I would not need to. I will see if I can find a CD, otherwise call for one. objuan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI