This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't access anything on desktop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have recently done a Hijack This and everything was working for the last couple of weeks. Today I turned on my laptop and there was staggered response from the mousepad. When I would click on a shortcut, be it "My Documents" or Internet Explorer for instance, I get a properties box and when I try to click on the start icon the box pops up for a second and then disappears. The only way I can shut down is if I manually turn off computer, leaving me unable to access any portion of the computer. I would greatly appreciate any assistance from you guys. -Whigged

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI