This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

New Member questions

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I posted last night and it says I have one reply but I don't have any yet. Why is it some posts done after mine have a reply but mine doesn't yet? Does it haveto do with my issue? I did copy my hijackthis results and post them. Also, next to other user titles there is an orange box but mine has none - what is this and what does it mean? My envelope is also closed and has a black dot in the middle of it but I can not find out what this means either. Can someone help me…….pretty please…..:) :wavey: Thank you in adavance!! I do appreciate it ;)

I posted last night and it says I have one reply but I don't have any yet.

You "replied" to it yourself…. That "counts" as a "reply".

Why is it some posts done after mine have a reply but mine doesn't yet? Does it have to do with my issue? I did copy my hijackthis results and post them.

Could be. I looked at your log, and didn't see anything majorly "amiss". We all have our "areas of expertise". I personally answer only logs in which I feel I know what's wrong, or have a very good chance figuring out what's wrong. It would not do anyone any good, the poster or myself, to answer a post if I had no clue how to help.

Also, next to other user titles there is an orange box but mine has none - what is this and what does it mean?

If you read one of the posts with the "orange box", then refresh your page, the box disappears. It just means:

a: You haven't read that post yet.

b: Someone replied to it since you read it last.

My envelope is also closed and has a black dot in the middle of it but I can not find out what this means



The black dot is next to only posts that you have "replied" to.

M68 :)
It shows that you have 1 reply as you posted twice in your thread, therefore you in a sense replied to yourself. The reason that you have not recieved a response yet can be based on a few things. 1) Busy forum 2) Not all helpers can asist with all logs 3) Some logs may have a serious issue that gets looked at first but this is the case for you 4) Helpers search for threads with 0 responses. As you posted twice in the thread it is assumed that somone has replied.