WTT not sending email replies to posts
11 min read
There may be an issue with the email provider you are using not allowing mail through from WTT - thinking it is spam.
Therefore I suggest you create a free email address at windows live hotmail specifically for receiving mail from this forum - you don't have to use it for anything else.
You access it from your Browser - not your email utility
That is what I did and I've never had a problem.
Just create the new account…it's very easy……you don't have to change anything with your old one at all.
go here http://get.live.com/mail/options
and follow the link to create your email - just follow the instructions - it's easy and its free.
then when you have your new email address come back to your user control panel here at WTT (My Controls)
find the email settings under Options on the left side of the screen
make sure under Board Preferences you have Enable 'Email Notification' by default? checked and choose Immediate email notification from the drop down menu
Then go to Change Email Address in the Options on the left side of the page and put in your new email address
I really hope that works out for you - good luck
(edited typo)
I have suggesed this to RonM over a week ago in one of his threads, but he is reluctant to do it, but it worked for me and as you say Catbyte it does not interfer with your private existing email address.
Try it RonM it is simple and easy to do. My suggestion was to do it in here.
Best regards,
1st:…..Catbyte… Nice to meet you….& Thanks for your help..
This may be possible..However , I've had no problems with emails from WTT since I joined up , until recently…They were coming thru perfectly…BTW: I get notified when a spam is blocked….There may be an issue with the email provider you are using not allowing mail through from WTT - thinking it is spam.
I took your & tallin's suggestion & now have a new email address…I followed your step by step info… Thanks to both of you….We will now find out if it's my server or WTT….
tallin:
The "here" in this quote takes you to: http://passport.care2.net/login.html?promoID=1…..Try it RonM it is simple and easy to do. My suggestion was to do it in here.
What da haaay ??? I think it was you that said in another post , that "nobody's perfect"…You're right….No harm done , just funny….
For Catbyte…..
For tallin….
If one of you would please post so we can test it to see if it works….
OK….One little itty bitty piece of info missing here…How the heck do I find my emails to check on them…In other words where is my mailbox & how do I access it ??….I can see you guys doing this== >…
In this attachment, this is the link I sent you, didn't you seeThe "here" in this quote takes you to: http://passport.care2.net/login.html?promoID=1
What da haaay ??? I think it was you that said in another post , that "nobody's perfect"…You're right….No harm done , just funny….
Sign up to care2 it's free
Ron, we never laugh at any questions asked. We all are here to learn.OK….One little itty bitty piece of info missing here…How the heck do I find my emails to check on them…In other words where is my mailbox & how do I access it ??….I can see you guys doing this
To answer your question above, open your Windows Live Mail and view the In Box, OR - Go to
- Start
- All Programs
- Right Click on Windows Live Mail
- Click on "Create a Short cut"
- It will appear under where you right clicked Windows Live Mail
- Then drag it to your desktop
- Double Click on it to open Windows Live Mail
Best regards,
Congrats on getting the email….
No probs in asking the question there's no silly question at all - that's what we're here for.
I put the email sign in link in the top bar of my browser so it's really handy
for windows live visit this site https://accountservices.passport.net/
you will see a screen that asks you to 'Sign in to Windows Live ID'
just enter your email address and password and click 'sign in'
Once you are there hit the HOTMAIL button (middle of the tool bar near the top of the page)
It will take you to your email page. It might not take you directly to your 'inbox' that will be over on the left side of the page. Click on 'Inbox' and there should be all your messages.
send me a PM with your new email address and I'll send you a test email from my email as well.
I hope my instructions are clear enough. If not feel free to ask more questions.
PS Once you're at your email box go up to the address bar in your browser - click on the live ID address and hold down the button. Drag your mouse to the navigation toolbar (underneath the address bar) and drop the live ID address bar - there you have your easy link…ta da!!!
good luck
1st tallin:
Yes , I did… But I don't see a connection to email problems…It looks like an environmental website to me , so I didn't sign up….A further explanation , please…It may be easier for me to use than Window Live Hotmail…In this attachment, this is the link I sent you, didn't you see
QUOTE
Sign up to care2 it's free
.. tallin, I was laughing at what happened , not the question & thought you & CatByte would get a chuckle out of it also….QUOTE
OK….One little itty bitty piece of info missing here…How the heck do I find my emails to check on them…In other words where is my mailbox & how do I access it ??….I can see you guys doing this===>>![]()
Ron, we never laugh at any questions asked. We all are here to learn.
Could not find this….Not there…Right Click on Windows Live Mail
CatByte: I'm sending you a PM..
Here come the newbie questions…
This would be really great if I could figure out how to do it….I put the email sign in link in the top bar of my browser so it's really handy
Sorry , no "ta da" !!! for me…Tried a few times…Could not get it to work or figure it out…PS Once you're at your email box go up to the address bar in your browser - click on the live ID address and hold down the button. Drag your mouse to the navigation toolbar (underneath the address bar) and drop the live ID address bar - there you have your easy link…ta da!!!
I found Windows Live using "search"…If I open the file it goes to the website…I tried to create a desktop icon, no dice, could not get it to appear there…So it's in my computer somewhere !!…..
This just happened !!!
After editing this post , I went to the upper left side of this thread , clicked on "Forums" & got a screen saying "this post has been edited , please wait"….I was then sent back here instead of to forums….What da haaay ?
I can tell you that did NOT happen , period(as for the edit - I think you clicked back on your own thread)
Having no email notifications & not being able to upload anything tends to make a person a bit grumpy…
Since I have an older computer & I anticipate future problems , it's imperative that this site works correctly for me & everyone involved…
That said: It's time to test it…So will you or ?? please post a goodie or two ??…..
Now you have your new email address due to CatByte helping you, have you placed/inserted it in your profile? Suggest you go to:
- My Controls at the top right, toward the left
- In the left pane "change email address"
- Follow the prompts
- Don't forget to click on "Change email address" at the very bottom before exiting the page.
I am not for example saying you need to post a log to the appropriate forum (not this forum) as I do not know really how your system is performing for you. Just that the link I have given you maybe of some help to determine your systems performance.
Keep us posted and I hope you get email notification of this post.
kind regards,
Edit: Spelt CatByte incorrectly.
tallin;..Email address has obviously been changed in; My Profile"
See this link for upload problem….http://forums.whatthetech.com/Uploading_files_t97082.html…In your post #4 there , there are 2 thumbnails posted that I replied to, etcYou mention you cannot upload anything, when did this start? I notice you have never posted a HJT log to the correct forum to make sure your system is free of any nasties. Please read this link.
I was never asked to post a HJT log…If I have a problem like that , it's very well hidden…Since I have Avast , Windows Defender , Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & SpyBot to protect me , it's been a long time without any serious viruses or trojans, etc…
You said:…"Keep us posted and I hope you get email notification of this post""
Yes to both…
I need to say this: The new email address is a "workaround & not the solution..
We at least know that it appears to not be WTT's fault , I think. ..It's somewhere between WTT & NetZero's Mailbox…
There's another thread here that goes somewhat indepth on that subject…Other visitors were not getting their emails either…Here is the link to that thread…. http://forums.whatthetech.com/Not_getting_…ion_t96148.html Later folks….
EDIT: The link is correct…But I do not know how to activate it…You'll have to paste it…Sorry