This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer freezes....

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello again, My computer has an "interesting behaviour" It works fine.. but whenever I right click on the desktop, lets say, to change my screen saver settings, thats the end of it.. the dialog box never shows up, and all the applications I am running at that moment start to hang and all I can do to "go on" is to reset my computer. Can anyone help me with this.. please?? :( Thanks
Hello Micah, Sorry I took a while to reply. I checked the site where you sent me and it all makes a lot of sense but when I want to unistall the file that may be causing the problem, it tells me that if I unistall it a few programs might not work properly. I posted there a few days ago and nobody answered. Can you helm me with that? Thanks!
Yes, Im refering to that file! I hope that is what's causing my computer to freeze when I right click on the desktop.
Hello, My computer is still freezing when I right click on the desktop. I think it can be the KB908531 security update. I saw the link that dough gave me but its not the same problem. I wanted to unistall KB908531 but the system gives me a message that I uninstall it, some programs might nut run properly. I am getting desperate. Should I ignore this warning and go ahead? Thank you!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI